PDA

View Full Version : Drifting

spdfreek0o
04-05-2006, 05:21 PM
I just had a simple question for the Zilvia community. Who hates what drifting has become? It's not that I don't like seeing cars slide sideways thru a corner with alot of smoke coming from the tires. It's just become too mainstream. Where are the grass roots drifters? Where is the drifting that started on the racetracks? To get you thru the corner quicker, not to see how much smoke you can create. I don't know, that's just what I was thinking.

alexchanman
04-05-2006, 05:33 PM
its cool how its getting some attention but your right, it has gone out of hand lately.

breakindrifts
04-05-2006, 05:34 PM
What the fuck are you talking about? Drifting didn't start on the track, and it gets you through the corner slower. So its mainstream now, get over it.

Sean1978
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
This reminds me of emo kids crying about (insert band here) that they USED to like "selling out" and explaining why they don't listen to that band anymore.

enjoying things because they are "not mainstream" is sooooo high school.

guess what? working on cars isin't a "non-mainstram" hobby. If you want to be "different" take up a different hobby... like wombat throwing.

ranisron
04-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I am fine with what "drifting" is right now, because I don't drift. However, I appreciate what I own, a nice 13 year old 240SX with "souls".

I mind my own business...

woodchuck
04-05-2006, 06:17 PM
the first time i was ever exposed to drifting was from an option mag back in 96. i never got into it cause i was in highschool at the time which meant no $$$ for a rwd car. to see what it's evolved into in the U.S. is good for the aftermarket industry. yeah its gonna get a bad name after the Fast and the Brokeback comes out but the diehard people will be into it still once the hype is gone. I myself don't like the direction its going, but i'm into it because i enjoy it. just do what you like and don't let all the hype about it being mainstream get to ya.

ALTRNTV
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
http://ocamaradadascasasbahia.blig.ig.com.br/imagens/who_fucking_cares.jpg

If you want to be "different" take up a different hobby... like wombat throwing.

Hahahaha

dannyboi
04-05-2006, 06:32 PM
the first time i was ever exposed to drifting was from an option mag back in 96. i never got into it cause i was in highschool at the time which meant no $$$ for a rwd car.

I got exposed to drifitng in around 1996 too (I was about 13/14 yrs old)... playing a video game called Tokyo Highway Battle on the PS1. God, that game kicked ass.

Then I started looking around for cars (I was already into rice rockets) that were in the game and was excited to find 240sx coupe (I liked the S13 Silvia on the game) driving around my area, but wondered, "The rear looks right but why the hell is the headlights different?"

DJPimpFlex
04-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Its good that its becoming more mainstreem. More track days, more people selling parts, more noobies to flame, I dont see the downside except for more stupid questions.

TheSquidd
04-05-2006, 06:40 PM
I am actually quite displeased with what my sport, wombat throwing, has become. Wombats are not easy to come by, and these amateur throwers keep coming into the tourneys, wastfully tossing about wombats like they grow on trees. DONT THEY KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO RAISE A WOMBAT?!?!?!?! It takes YEARS of dedicated, painstaking care and nutrition to raise a great wombat, and to throw one, you must really BECOME the wombat!

It is indeed a sad day for wombat throwing..

http://www.datgeek.net/wombats/images/Wally_Likes_a_good_burrow.jpg

but yeah drifting, GET A FUCKING CLUE. So what if it's manistream you cry baby highschoolers, if it wasn't so mainstream you'd never be into it in the first place so quit your wussy little tear fest and DO something about it, goto the track ass hat.

SimpleSexy180
04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
wow i see a lot of trolls.

usdm180sx
04-05-2006, 08:22 PM
It's sad that certain people on this forum do have an "elitist" attitude. It's like they're still in high school. If your car doesn't look like it belongs in the latest issue of Drift Tengoku you're "totally uncool dude" or "monster truck status" or if you absolutely refuse to fit in you get comments like "die newb die!!!" LOL

Phlip
04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/ninthlayer/random_crap/dontcare_640.jpg
:lockd: :lockd: :lockd: