PDA

View Full Version : insurance question

koukispec
04-03-2006, 12:39 PM
i have a question regarding car insurance, as of right now i dont have insurance, and im looking to buy insurance, so heres the story, i was driving my parents car and got into an accident with it, everything was under my parents name, meaning registration, insurance, ect... so my question is if i buy insurance could i tell the insurance company that i have a no accident record? i dont have any tickets of any kind also, so would i start off with a clean slate record? or is there some way the insurance company would find out that i have had an accident before?

chrispy
04-03-2006, 12:45 PM
i have a question regarding car insurance, as of right now i dont have insurance, and im looking to buy insurance, so heres the story, i was driving my parents car and got into an accident with it, everything was under my parents name, meaning registration, insurance, ect... so my question is if i buy insurance could i tell the insurance company that i have a no accident record? i dont have any tickets of any kind also, so would i start off with a clean slate record? or is there some way the insurance company would find out that i have had an accident before?

You can tell them you haven't had an accident, but they'll find find out about any inncedent you've had once they look up your dmv records.

koukispec
04-03-2006, 12:49 PM
do all car insurance look that up? i figure they only look up your drivers abstract?

chrispy
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM
Of course they're all going to look it up. What company would insure someone without looking at their driving history first?

dizastaman
04-04-2006, 07:41 AM
yup theyll find it, i work for Nationwide and they also run the loss history on the vin number. that part really doesnt apply to you since it wasnt titled in your name, but if the police were notified when you had the accident i'm sure they got your licence number.

MELLO*SOS
04-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Just apply and don't tell them anything, let them find any incidents on their own. Why increase your premium by telling them about something they may not ever find out? If they can't find it through DMV or CLUE then they don't need to know about it, IMHO...

dizastaman
04-04-2006, 10:18 AM
they are gonna find it. we run clue and mvr before writing any policy and the underwriter do also when they get the policy. sometimes they find more stuff than we get. dont try to hide stuff from the company it doesnt work. i have people come in everyday telling me their licence is clean and i run it while they are sitting in front of me and find out that their licence is revoked for 3 DUIs and crap like that.