PDA

View Full Version : Can't find my registration card o.0

DoriftoPnoy
04-01-2006, 01:47 AM
Fuck i lost my registration card. Does anybody know how long and how much of a hassle it is to get a copy?

DoriftoPnoy
04-01-2006, 02:04 AM
Anybody??? Also does anyone know if setting up an appointment really speeds up the waiting process?

!Zar!
04-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Wow you bump your post after only twenty five minutes...

For another card I believe it's $45

And to get another one, just go to the dmv with insurance and a prior registration card. That should be all you need.

You can either set up an appointment or go there first thing when they open. As long as you don't go there mid day or on the beginning/end of the week you should be fine.

DoriftoPnoy
04-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Sorry it's just that i finally got a new block in and I can't even drive it without registration. Well i need the registration to get insurance. So it's not just one but two things preventing me from driving it. I don't drive stupid, I just worry about stupid drivers around me. If I get hit and I'm not insured.... dun dun dun....

CaoBoY
04-01-2006, 03:05 AM
go down to dmv with the title. tell them you need to re-register the car. wait 302146013274610326 hours. pay all back registration fee's, and you might have to smog the car, which they will give you a number sticker so you can drive the car 'to the smog shop' and you can drive around/smog it. talk to your insurance company and let them know the situation. with that sticker, you should be able to get insurance, because you will have paid the registration already, you just need to smog (if needed) and you should be able to get insurance.

ALTRNTV
04-01-2006, 04:05 AM
Is it currently registered? If so, all you do is go to the DMW with the title and your DL. Then you pay something like $25 and they'll print out a new registration paper.

theicecreamdan
04-01-2006, 03:00 PM
If its registered they don't even charge for a new reg... if its in your name you don't need anything, you go down there, fill out a form and wait in line for 3 days or so, then they take like 2 minutes and print that shit out