PDA

View Full Version : I need new motor mounts, thinking of nismo

s13pignose
03-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Okay so found out today I need new motor mounts. I figure since I need em, might aswell upgrade to something such as nismo. Even though its only the motor mounts I need, I figured I'd go a head and get the trans mount too. Only thing is I have an auto.

So will the trans mount work with my auto, and will it still be usable if I ever do a 5spd swap. I read the nismo motor mounts work with the ka24de, so I figure I'm safe there considering I have one

If it makes a difference, I have a 95 zenki.

I know they say it reduces the motor torque, but does it increase vibration, cause thats something I could do with out right now. Trim on around the center vents vibes as it is after 1st start:duh: .

Thanks

Neejay
03-30-2006, 02:39 PM
The tranny mount is interchangeable (manual <-> auto). I dont think the vibration would increase that much (if at all) because the vibration might be caused from needing new mounts.

aznpoopy
03-30-2006, 03:10 PM
different kind of vibration

bad mounts = your engine flops all over the place at start up, etc.
nismo mounts = your interior hums along with the rpm, you get a butt and hand massage when you drive.

kandyflip445
03-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Nismo mounts...I don't get that...

aznpoopy
03-30-2006, 03:20 PM
i guess my car has more rattles and squeeks. it's not harsh at all. but it was annoying enough that i raised my idle to 900 rpms to smooth it out at stop lights.

03-30-2006, 03:35 PM
NISMO Mounts all the way!

:)

MELLO*SOS
03-30-2006, 04:54 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/mello88/DSC06488.jpg

To each their own... But I would highly suggest the Syko performance KA24DE motor mounts + nismo trans mount. Find Drift Freaq or Sykorb26 on here for more info. I haven't had problems with vibrations.

How would installing Nismo or any other stiffer motor mounts reduce torque output?

OptionZero
03-30-2006, 04:59 PM
+1 for syko performance/drift freaq (pm him)

SpeedMonkeyInc
03-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Check out JGS Turbo. Really nice products. I have held the mounts in my hands and I can tell you they are top notch.

http://www.jgstools.com/turbo/ka24et.html#anchor406138

trsilvias13
03-30-2006, 06:22 PM
I am to order spl tranny mount mix with jgs turbo engine mount.

Spl tranny mounts look very beefy

s13pignose
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Hey when I first bought my car, I always thought mounts were bad. Well today I actually look at my car upon start up, and I was shocked how much the motor move. I mean I always felt it inside, but way different to see it outside the car.

infinitexsound
03-30-2006, 10:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/mello88/DSC06488.jpg

To each their own... But I would highly suggest the Syko performance KA24DE motor mounts + nismo trans mount. Find Drift Freaq or Sykorb26 on here for more info. I haven't had problems with vibrations.

How would installing Nismo or any other stiffer motor mounts reduce torque output?

have u installed those mounts?

aznpoopy
03-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey when I first bought my car, I always thought mounts were bad. Well today I actually look at my car upon start up, and I was shocked how much the motor move. I mean I always felt it inside, but way different to see it outside the car.

yeah its pretty scary. while cranking, it looks like a a fish out of water flopping around.

kandyflip445
03-31-2006, 04:40 AM
I am to order spl tranny mount mix with jgs turbo engine mount.

Spl tranny mounts look very beefy

Actually the only reason I didn't get the SPL mount was because it eliminates one of the mounting points for the exhaust. I have one of the OLD Greddy STBs and the top of the engine is almost rubbing on it. Very close fit.

MELLO*SOS
03-31-2006, 10:44 AM
have u installed those mounts?

Yup, I put em in there when I did the timing chain, thermostat, underdrive pulley and 110a alternator one weekend. Install was pretty simple because I already had the motor jacked up to drop the oilpan.

s13pignose
03-31-2006, 07:16 PM
different kind of vibration

bad mounts = your engine flops all over the place at start up, etc.
nismo mounts = your interior hums along with the rpm, you get a butt and hand massage when you drive.

Not sure if I like the sound of that lol. Maybe if its tolerable. I thought they were suppose to weaken vibrations, but I must be wrong.

koukidough
03-31-2006, 08:19 PM
nismo mounts = no brainer

kouki_s14
03-31-2006, 08:53 PM
syko mounts, get them and you wont have to worry ever again

Tenchuu
03-31-2006, 09:19 PM
I think that Syko is updating thier mounts to one uniform mount now. these are the RB25 mounts from Syko, but you'd have to check with drift freaq or SYKORB26 to see for sure:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/Tenchuuk/IMG_1934.jpg

I don't know about you but those at least look about 100000x better than any others i have seen.

BigVinnie
04-01-2006, 08:22 PM
SYKO KA24DE mounts are indestructable. Only down side for me is that I can't use them, it makes my engine sit a TAD higher than stock. I'm already having problems with fitment of my strut bar, where the valve cover almost makes contact. It would be nice if SYKO could make the mounts a tad bit shorter, like 3/8"~1/2" shorter, then I could have enough clearance. Great product IMO, saw them installed on Anthony's SOHC to DOHC swap.
The NISMO mounts tend to flex and bend down ward slightly once the engine is in, I think that is where the clearance is made up, for my strut bar....

Edgar
04-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I havent tried the SYKOs but I am willing to give them a try. Nothing bad to say about the NISMO mounts tho.

slideways2004
04-01-2006, 09:46 PM
how much are the syko mounts?

BigVinnie
04-02-2006, 08:35 AM
So funny story ordering my NISMO mounts. I happen to purachase them at Raceon USA. They slashed the price to $179.99 from $214.99 (I thought I was getting a good deal). Then I had to pay the shipping cost $19.99 for ground shipping. (WTF ground shipping became a little more expensive than I thought?) So the total now was almost $200.00 minus a few penny's. Then raceon had the nerve to tax me for the shipping and the product after my credit card info, grand total $213.93. Defenitely not a good deal if you ask me. I saved a measily $1 freakin dollar!!

drift freaq
04-02-2006, 11:51 AM
how much are the syko mounts?
ok for the people asking questions. I do have Syko KA/SR (Yellow ones with heatshields) mounts in stock and currently ready to ship. The shipped cost on a set would be $115 without a nismo trans mount and $170 shipped with one.
If anyone wants a set paypal me at [email protected] They will go out this week.

BRB26
06-15-2006, 12:06 PM
i know this thread is from 2 months ago, but i needed help choosing some motor mounts, and i didnt want to start a new thread.

Do you guys think that the Kazama auto SPL motor mounts would be good for my s13? ive read that they lower the engine somewhat, making a lower center of gravity..

any other suggestions?

ManoNegra
06-15-2006, 01:05 PM
I don't understand your need to reinvent the wheel. Various excellent and proven suggestions have already been made, what else can you possibly need to know?
The only thing to add would be poly-filled oem mounts if you're broke or on a budget.

crazyikimasho
06-15-2006, 01:28 PM
In all honesty I would run NISMO motor mounts but not tranny mount. I personally prefer the URAS or Peak Performance for tranny mount. The reason being is that Id like to have something just a little stiffer for the tranny.

The NISMO motor mounts are more than ideal and very well designed. They are stiffer but not so stiff that its annoying for street driving. I even run them on the SOHC. You feel the engine vibrations a little more, but its bearable. You cant go wrong for $157.00 + tax/shipping for engine mounts.