PDA

View Full Version : official nerd thread (WoW)

citizen
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
So this is the official wow thread. I picked it up a few weeks ago and am digging it. So who plays and what servers, i'm on archimonde.

TheSquidd
03-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Tichondrius, U/N Squidden

Daniel.
03-28-2006, 08:07 PM
1.10 is today! woot.

60 human mage / Smolderthorn
34 NE hunter / Smolderthorn
55 troll shaman / Kil'jaeden

+ a million other alts.

RSP13-Sideways
03-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Played it for 1 month, realized that it's truly for geeks and that it was taking up to much of my time.

I ended in BronzeBeard with a level 36 Nightelf Rogue.....

The game sucks....

infinitexsound
03-28-2006, 09:23 PM
definetly a nerd game.... couldnt say it any better...

P4rD0nM3
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
What's WOW? Pc Game? Ps something?

mjjstang
03-28-2006, 10:51 PM
sorry im still playing Oregon Trail, every time i get close to beating it, i get diptheiria, and my fuckin oxen die on me.

Sil-Abc
03-29-2006, 04:05 AM
too many servers :P

archimonde, spirestone, destromath, frostmane (currently). im a geek but i make up for it since im wong fei hung

Phlip
03-29-2006, 07:49 AM
I don't play, but someone sent me these vids a little while back, I thought they were funny, so I share.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7667194685876573666&q=pvp
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3678957638212786142&q=leeroy+jenkins

... you have your fun your way, I have mine my way.

koukidough
03-29-2006, 10:17 AM
damn that game is old, came out on Nov 04. But anyway I was a Paladin 60 with a couple of epic items. Game was fun from lvl 1-45 then got boring quick. I stopped playing back in March 05. Oh I heard pvp is completely different then it was back then. Still doesnt justify to keep playing I mean once your lvl 60 your lvl 60 who cares about ranks.

WILDACEX187
03-29-2006, 10:53 AM
i played for a week also and couldnt stand just walking around by myself and just killin monsters. u ask for help and nobody helps, everybody is doing their own thing. i stick to warcraft 3 and dota!!

vinhnumber
03-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Tichondrius, U/N ViciousVinh :axe:

koukidough
03-29-2006, 11:02 AM
i played for a week also and couldnt stand just walking around by myself and just killin monsters. u ask for help and nobody helps, everybody is doing their own thing. i stick to warcraft 3 and dota!!
^^ gotta luv dota

Bryants95240sx
03-29-2006, 11:16 AM
WOW is evil..... a true geek game haha

Advan
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't play, but someone sent me these vids a little while back, I thought they were funny, so I share.

lol, that first vid was hilarious, and so wrong. That second one...you know a skit is famous when you hear about it being on Jepardy.

-usmd-180sx
03-29-2006, 12:51 PM
World of Warcrack! Never started, the last game I played remotely close to that would be Diablo 2. haha, but yea, I work in the game industry, and the ppl i work with... WoW.... seriously... They get into some deep WoW conversations, and I feel soo sooo lost.

It seriously takes up too much time of ppl's lives. I have a buddy that plays and he hasnt been outside of his house in a fucken month! How sad is that? We all tell him he needs to get ouf once in a while, and its like a fucken intervention... Dude, those kinda ppl make me sick to my stomach... Even though im addicted to Battle Field 2. =P

Advan
03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
FFXI beta.....that took up alot of my summer. I was so hooked intot hat game so much, that I would play for almost 15hrs a day, and even fell asleep with the controller in my hand for 45mins, woke up with it still in my hand and played again for another 10hrs. I remember this one time I was awake, waiting for a teammate to pull an orc, I fell alseep only to wake up with a resurrection option on my left, and in my chat window, a whole bunch of beeps, and capital letters telling me to wake up. Fun times. WoW, kinda makes me want to open uo another FFXI acocunt, but after hearing about the bots, and high inflation......no, but now theirs new jobs and places, and I might open it up again.

Daniel.
03-29-2006, 02:44 PM

Holy crap that first one is awesome.

And i love leroy jenkins.

TheSquidd
03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I played FFXI for like 6 months, what a craptastic waste of time compared to WOW.

In those 6 months all I did was do some pretty lame quests and just grind rabbits and bees for all eternity trying to get to level 20.

Meanwhile in WOW theres so much crap to do it's insane. You can go from level 23-24 in a day, theres all kinds of quests, battle grounds, professions and woot fishing. I think FFXI focused to much on making a single character last forever, whereas WOW you can have 3 characters lvl 60 within like a year because they keep the pace so much faster. I hated paying 12$ a month to grind all day in FFXI and never leave the first area I started in.

My random .02

Advan
03-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I played FFXI for like 6 months, what a craptastic waste of time compared to WOW.

In those 6 months all I did was do some pretty lame quests and just grind rabbits and bees for all eternity trying to get to level 20.

Meanwhile in WOW theres so much crap to do it's insane. You can go from level 23-24 in a day, theres all kinds of quests, battle grounds, professions and woot fishing. I think FFXI focused to much on making a single character last forever, whereas WOW you can have 3 characters lvl 60 within like a year because they keep the pace so much faster. I hated paying 12$ a month to grind all day in FFXI and never leave the first area I started in.

My random .02
Really? Then you must've sucked at that game. And it took you 6 months to get to lvl 20? You must've been extremely terrible. That bashing on FFXI is just flat out not true. To furthur my bashing........it took you a whole day to go from 23 - 24. Something is completely wrong with the way you play, my friend. It just came to mind, by the time you reach 11, you should've already gone to the next area. I can go on and on about this. Even the "there's so much crap to do in WOW," There's alot of stuff to do in FFXI as well. And as far as monthly fees goes...in "l33t" talk, FFXI for teh win! Anyways, if you're gonna bash FFXI, come with something better.

TheSquidd
03-29-2006, 06:44 PM
haha, well okay it was like a year ago i don't remember the specifics except for being exteremly bored.

And yes, I am "terrible" you fuck tard because I have a 40 hour a week job, that usually takes up my weekends as well, and I simply don't have 8 hours a day to play FFXI or WOW. Lick my butt.

Var
03-29-2006, 06:48 PM
i play on spirestone as Varskillz - level 27 undead Warlock

Daniel.
03-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Really? Then you must've sucked at that game. And it took you 6 months to get to lvl 20? You must've been extremely terrible. That bashing on FFXI is just flat out not true. To furthur my bashing........it took you a whole day to go from 23 - 24. Something is completely wrong with the way you play, my friend. It just came to mind, by the time you reach 11, you should've already gone to the next area. I can go on and on about this. Even the "there's so much crap to do in WOW," There's alot of stuff to do in FFXI as well. And as far as monthly fees goes...in "l33t" talk, FFXI for teh win! Anyways, if you're gonna bash FFXI, come with something better.

Whats up with the personal insults? It's his opinion on the game. It doesn't mean you have to attack him personally.

O P I N I O N.

o·pin·ion Audio pronunciation of "opinion" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-pnyn)
n.

1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof: “The world is not run by thought, nor by imagination, but by opinion” (Elizabeth Drew).
2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion.
3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing: has a low opinion of braggarts.
4. The prevailing view: public opinion.
5. Law. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

Thank you, now put your MMO E-Peen away kthnks.

A Spec Products
03-29-2006, 07:41 PM
every single day i make fun of my coworkers who WoW it up hahah

thesquidd is a cool guy, dont be a hater over a VIDEO GAME. zilvias all hostile these days, everyones got to smile and chill.

obviously everyones entitled to their own choice of hobby, but when i see people playing WoW for days straight (no sleep) i get a bit worried

-usmd-180sx
03-29-2006, 08:12 PM
^^ :werd:

My friend almost got an intervention from all of us because he wouldnt leave the fucken house... Seriously, how can you make a video game take over your whole fucken life? I mean, does it make love to you?

reefer1114
03-29-2006, 08:23 PM
so gay...wow...quit life...

NemeGuero
03-29-2006, 08:29 PM
sorry im still playing Oregon Trail, every time i get close to beating it, i get diptheiria, and my fuckin oxen die on me.
Hahah, gotta run at a slower pace man. Keep the oxen healthy..

And don't risk forging those rivers.. unless you got something to prove!!

Oh man, hunting was the greatest part of that game... projecting balls at side-ways moving animal figures.

Don't play WoW.. but I'm addicted to Halo2 like crack cocaine.

Advan
03-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Spiderman: yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion........and sadly enough, I'm allowed to challenged and criticize their opinion...so you can kiss my E-peen.

Squidd: Your butt has been licked. I applaud you for the job part, now if only some one could convince my friends little brother to stop playing WoW, things would be easier.

Edit: heh, I apologize for attacking you.

TheSquidd
03-30-2006, 12:07 AM
All good in the hood. I really wanted to love FFXI, because the characters and style of it was so awesome (I hate the Warcraft universe), but alas, I was just so uninspired by the leveling, maybe I just need to quit the job... And what was up with those mean japanese players! So angry. :ughug:

TheSquidd
03-30-2006, 12:09 AM
SKIZZORS*
obviously everyones entitled to their own choice of hobby, but when i see people playing WoW for days straight (no sleep) i get a bit worried

hahahahahahahah, Tuan. That fool didn't shower for three days when he was on vacation. Just woke up, played WOW, slept, played WOW, ate like once in a week. Went to his house he didn't know what day it was. lol, I just don't have that kind of dedication.

Advan
03-30-2006, 04:26 AM
The story behind the japanese guys, is "us." There's players in the game that are racist against them, plus, some japanese playuers think they're better than us, so they act like their god.

Sil-Abc
03-31-2006, 06:24 AM
dont forget koreans. wc3 1v1 games they own.... :C

heh started playing last sunday and till now i got from lvl 1-23 :D ..... but then again i havent even touched my car :C

TheSquidd
03-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I've been doing bodywork for like 2 weeks and haven't played WOW, my friends are all pissed off and had to start new characters so they wouldn't level up past me too much. So hard to balance the 3 hours I get after work.

chr0nik_sm0k3
06-19-2007, 03:41 PM
anyone still play this?

Grendel
06-19-2007, 03:58 PM
I stopped playing a few weeks ago...

I miss playing with my friends in the states, but that game sucked so much of my time away...

I'll sell my account if anyone wants it :p

70 human pally/pvp server
70 orc rogue/pvp server
60 gnome rogue/pve server (full epics, AQ40/Naxx gear... I spent too much time playing this one :p)

puravida
06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
I stopped playing a few weeks ago...

I miss playing with my friends in the states, but that game sucked so much of my time away...

I'll sell my account if anyone wants it :p

70 human pally/pvp server
70 orc rogue/pvp server
60 gnome rogue/pve server (full epics, AQ40/Naxx gear... I spent too much time playing this one :p)

yea it sucked my life away. I even bought a leveling guide just to level faster. Took me 2 days to get to 70 following it. After a while I gained weight, so now i'm back in the gym and much better time spent.
I gave all my gold to a member here too.

:keke:

Daniel.
06-19-2007, 04:12 PM
i took a break from it....

still got my mage...
lvl 70 with full spellfire and spellstrike. ugh

im so sick of farming mats just kill me.

Grendel
06-19-2007, 04:16 PM
yea it sucked my life away. I even bought a leveling guide just to level faster. Took me 2 days to get to 70 following it. After a while I gained weight, so now i'm back in the gym and much better time spent.
I gave all my gold to a member here too.

:keke:

I had to wait for my copy of the expansion to get shipped here... I was fiending so bad for it, that when it arrived I took 2 days of leave to play it ><

I even changed my sleep schedule for the game, came home at 430, went to bed by 6pm... woke up at 1 or 2 am to raid with my friends in the states.

We would finish raiding like 30 mins before I had to be at work...

Bad bad bad! :p

EDacIouSX
06-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Whoever plays world of wankers are just a bunch of flower pickers :ghey:!!! I hate this game....

If WOW would let you kill someone and loot their dead corpse for items then it would be bad ass.

Daniel.
06-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Whoever plays world of wankers are just a bunch of flower pickers :ghey:!!! I hate this game....

If WOW would let you kill someone and loot their dead corpse for items then it would be bad ass.

not really.

msglngth

woodchuck
06-19-2007, 05:30 PM

thats where lineage 2 picks up the slack.

L2 pro:
pvp anywhere
can obtain drops from pvp
game mechanics
no weapon and armor constraints for classes - just small penalties
better graphics

L2 con:
pvp anywhere
drop items from pvp
too many farmers

TheWolf
06-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah FFXI was a big sucker of time.. Specially when you got up in the higher levels.. you were so dependent on the right party.. learning skills took days. I was a good smith and a good fisherman and by the time it was over I was a redmge48 dragoon33 warrior44. Red mages with dragons rule. Two physical attacks and then the magic effects. One day I just gave all my shit to my crew and quit. It took up way to much time. I know WOW and just stayed clear of it. It's crack.

fliprayzin240sx
06-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Anybody got some gold? :tweak:

theronin
06-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Tichondrius, U/N Squidden

Tichondrius for life! or as i like to call it, Drama Central. U been on Tich since release Squidd? Alliance or Horde?

dirtdiggler666
06-21-2007, 05:17 PM
i got a friend wasteing his like away really fast to this gay ass game, i think people that play wow dont get laid :wackit:

Grendel
06-22-2007, 06:59 AM
Found a link to this over on hardforum... pretty crazy

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/magazine/17lootfarmers-t.html?ei=5088&en=a6282d1ddf608fc1&ex=1339732800&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

axiomatik
06-22-2007, 09:19 AM
I've been playing for close to a year now, got a 57 orc 'lock on Shadowsong along with a bunch of other low level alts. I'm slow, but I also only play maybe 1-2 hours a day and I don't play every day either. If you let it take over your life you're retarded.