PDA

View Full Version : If japanese are so smart, then why can't they speak english properly

MrBrightSide
03-27-2006, 06:39 PM
damn this had me laughing 5 mins straight :rofl:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OVyH2PiUdN8&search=tom%20green

koukidough
03-27-2006, 07:10 PM
lol thats funny but you know why they really cant speak it correctly? It's cuz english has the worst vocabulary/grammer in the world. Japanese language is very simple so there you have it. Funny as hell though ahahahaa!

MrBrightSide
03-27-2006, 07:29 PM
lol thats funny but you know why they really cant speak it correctly? It's cuz english has the worst vocabulary/grammer in the world. Japanese language is very simple so there you have it. Funny as hell though ahahahaa!

True, true. The english vocabulary has so many slangs, its really hard for someone trying to pick this up as their second language. Nothing against the Japanese, I am asian myself, but this brought back old memories of junior high when this came out.

Boost Monkey
03-27-2006, 08:59 PM
cuz its not english..its engrish (www.engrish.com)

DJPimpFlex
03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
I get some packagin at my work that just makes me laugh. IE:

"The Gizmo is a rucksack inside!"

Theres more, I just forget them right now, but that one was the best. Its a little Gizmo from Gremilins in a backpack cell phone key chain thingy....

theicecreamdan
03-28-2006, 12:07 AM
that didnt make me laugh, I kinda chuckled at first expecting more to it... and then nothing

projekt_s13
03-28-2006, 01:07 AM
just plain stupid

mandoz85
03-28-2006, 01:10 AM
not very funny

breakindrifts
03-28-2006, 01:18 AM
If Americans are so smart, then why are they going across the world expecting people to speak english. Shit I dont see any american speaking japanese, most people here dont even know spanish.

lets laughing at video for exciting pleasurable enjoying.

Mr. Badlose
03-28-2006, 01:54 AM
If Americans are so smart, then why are they going across the world expecting people to speak english. Shit I dont see any american speaking japanese, most people here dont even know spanish.

lets laughing at video for exciting pleasurable enjoying.

Well JDM students take English in school from 7th grade until they graduate...

PF_Doom
03-28-2006, 02:40 AM
That was correct english a few hundred years ago.. .

FRpilot
03-28-2006, 02:40 AM
i hate tom green.. that guy must be retarded.. not funny at all.. tahts why his show got canceled.

SilviaNinja240
03-28-2006, 03:21 AM
Well JDM students take English in school from 7th grade until they graduate...

I know some people that are starting as yearly as 5 years old.

edit: I don't really like Tom Green, somethings wrong with that guy

!Zar!
03-28-2006, 03:28 AM
i hate tom green.. that guy must be retarded.. not funny at all.. tahts why his show got canceled.
Ay, don't talk about the mentaly disabled like that.:duh:
lol

nrg
03-28-2006, 04:47 AM
The answer is very simple; the English language has the worst vocabulary, grammar and punctuation structure.

kuramaya
03-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Cause that stupid fu cker is in Japan when he made the video....Tom Green used to be funny to me, but now he is a tool...The fact that he is in Japan asking why they cant speak english really isnt a good choice for a Skit

n2motorsports
03-28-2006, 09:16 AM
that was so weak. tom green sucks and blows.

koukidough
03-28-2006, 09:37 AM
well i think Tom Green is pretty funny especially his "my bum video" true that he does seem pretty retarded in a way.

Neejay
03-28-2006, 10:00 AM
lol

And I dont think he was seriously asking "Why cant they speak english properly" come on....

OMGWTFBBQ
03-28-2006, 12:00 PM
The answer is very simple; the English language has the worst vocabulary, grammar and punctuation structure.

^^that, plus thats probably just a literal japanese - english translation

I love engrish though, and think Tom Green is very funny

Maeda
03-28-2006, 02:58 PM
The reason why japanese people can't speak english properly is because...
They don't actually respect our culture or people enough to bother. They know its bad and they don't give a fuck.

Japanese is NOT simple. How many of you know that the japanese language changes practically every week with the addition of new words/compounds and slang? Sure its easy to pronounce but how would you know what it was if its a french word combined with an english word, then cut in half and turned backwards?

The new deal in japan is to learn how to be korean, wanting to be USDM is so 2004.

kuramaya
03-28-2006, 03:34 PM
If I woulda been there, I woulda went Bi lingual on his ass and had all the chicks laughing at his ass, then I would asked him why he is in Japan and can't speak Nihongo...then I woulda banged one of the chicks if I was still single:boink:

sncs14
03-28-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm with Dan on this one. Not funny...just stupid.

supportTHEezln
03-28-2006, 11:13 PM
lol

And I dont think he was seriously asking "Why cant they speak english properly" come on....

^ I agree.
It's being sarcastic to people who do actually think like that. Come on guys, try to not take everything so literally. That joke was obviously totally wasted on so many of you.

koukidough
03-29-2006, 12:08 AM
If I woulda been there, I woulda went Bi lingual on his ass and had all the chicks laughing at his ass, then I would asked him why he is in Japan and can't speak Nihongo...then I woulda banged one of the chicks if I was still single:boink:
haha rofl:rofl:

khmerguy618
03-29-2006, 12:20 AM
That was the dumbest shit ever, thanks for sharing. How about they can't speak English correctly cuz "ESL (english is a stupid language)" -Rex Navarette

theicecreamdan
03-29-2006, 12:27 AM
^ I agree.
It's being sarcastic to people who do actually think like that. Come on guys, try to not take everything so literally. That joke was obviously totally wasted on so many of you.

everybody here is taking it way too seriously... it IS a joke, its not really funny, but it probably could have been better if he didn't just repeat himself over and over. That's nick jr humor right there.

kazuo
03-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Its a very unfunny joke.

One, because Tom Green is not funny

and every other reason is cause Tom Green is not funny.

That shit was so irrtating, how he just kept repeating the same stupid engrish phrase over and over and over.

I'm glad that idiot finally disappeared.

HKsilvia
03-29-2006, 02:46 AM
To the topic: Simply becoz they speak Japanese!!!! and they use their brain in stead of mouth!!!

AllenRPS13
03-29-2006, 04:09 AM
becoz japanese speak english through their Katakana, not by the english words/letters

jessfx
03-29-2006, 05:07 AM
i thought it was because the japanese dialects have something like 4 different tones, as opposed to english which has a grip... and also because there are certain letters and sounds in the english language that are nonexistent in the japanese dialects.

chinese dialects have like 8 tones and they still speak bad english.

...tom green. either love him or hate him. i just got over him.

kuramaya
03-29-2006, 05:39 AM
i thought it was because the japanese dialects have something like 4 different tones, as opposed to english which has a grip... and also because there are certain letters and sounds in the english language that are nonexistent in the japanese dialects.

chinese dialects have like 8 tones and they still speak bad english.

...tom green. either love him or hate him. i just got over him.

Thai is a very tonal language...not so much Japanese...Japanese can be written in romanji with phonetics...Thai is really hard to write phonetically///

vinhnumber
04-16-2006, 12:27 PM
because its commercial for them to have that acsent, they speak better english then any other asian decent

Andrew Bohan
04-16-2006, 03:46 PM
becoz japanese speak english through their Katakana, not by the english words/letters

this is the most accurate answer i've seen so far

m072514
04-16-2006, 07:43 PM
lets being racist and laughing to foreigners!

j00ni3
04-17-2006, 01:21 PM
because its commercial for them to have that acsent, they speak better english then any other asian decent

i think not~~~~~~~~ * and is it not ... any other decent asian? ... i think you need to work on your engrish also ~~~ also its Accent... -.-

maybe japs born here? ... but i don't think so ... i wasn't born here... i was born in gook land over there next to japs ... i speak pupect enguhlish~ ahahahahaha well i have been living here for like 17 years so ... i guess that helped hahahaha but i speak write and read both languages to the extent no one can tell either or... so w.e and tom g. screw him ... he's stupid

NemeGuero
04-17-2006, 01:48 PM
That video got old after the first time he read that phrase.

kuramaya
04-27-2006, 02:35 AM
i think not~~~~~~~~ * and is it not ... any other decent asian? ... i think you need to work on your engrish also ~~~ also its Accent... -.-

maybe japs born here? ... but i don't think so ... i wasn't born here... i was born in gook land over there next to japs ... i speak pupect enguhlish~ ahahahahaha well i have been living here for like 17 years so ... i guess that helped hahahaha but i speak write and read both languages to the extent no one can tell either or... so w.e and tom g. screw him ... he's stupid

^^^ damn I guess you are Japanese..I hate when people say "Japs" :nono: but I guess if you area Nihongin that's cool...

Kaji
04-27-2006, 01:32 PM
In summation, english is a poorly designed language.