PDA

View Full Version : PINKS Playout?

Ricks15
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
Who thinks this show is fake and pays people to be on it. Who ever saw last nights episode has got to be thinking WTF with those honda dudes running street tires agains a fully built trans am which probably had slicks. Those guys gave two runs for free because they didnt use slicks. It almost seems as if though they didnt care if they were going to loose there turbo civic.

L1ama
03-16-2006, 11:14 PM
He did indeed not look so upset, the only way to find out is if anyone knows a guy who actually won/lost a car on that show, seeing as a lot of people on zilvia got a lot of hookups, an answer might come in a day or two.

S14DB
03-16-2006, 11:30 PM
Being that it's local to me. The people around here would sell the cars back to each other for $1 after the show. The host is a complete dick who has never seen a street race in his life and his negotiation skills suck cause of it.

I expected the 2nd season to be better. But that idiot is still behind the wheel.

That civic had potential. But the kid that drove it was a moron.
1)The guy says street tires. so, he brings stock width all-seasons? Other guy was running 10.5" DOT DR's.
2)Boost controller line broke and he only ran 15psi. If you are consistently running more boost than that, get a heavier spring in the WG.
3)No way that is a 600hp car. I've seen 400hp civics run at the track that are faster. Had one at Fun Ford Weekend that was running 10's that could have beat that F body. Didn't have 600hp.

Titan
03-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Full-Race went on Pinks. I'm not sure if the episode was aired yet or not.

They have the story on their site. They lost.

You could ask them if it's legit.

kazuo
03-17-2006, 12:36 AM
+1.

FULL-RACE lost their car, as far as I know.

There was a big thread on it on Honda-Tech... they didnt really care tho, cause it wasn't like one of their 'main' cars.

AdoriPimp
03-17-2006, 02:29 AM
I hate how they go on commercial b4 each race.

skithesteel
03-17-2006, 10:49 AM
I remember the pink Full Race Civic was sold for just over $6000 on eBay. The show isn't fake, but I can see how people would think so seeing how it seems really hokey sometimes ... arguing over head starts like school girls and stuff.

As far as selling the cars back after the race, I read that the producers of the show make them agree not to do that before being on the show. The only reason I know this stuff is because Miller Race Cars is local in CT and they lost their Nova on the show a few weeks ago to some guys in Texas.

lucky7
03-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Being that it's local to me. The people around here would sell the cars back to each other for $1 after the show.

i think thats a cool, stand-up thing to do. they really wouldnt have to, since the title names were transfered. but that would be a really cool thing to see happen i think. good sportsmanship always makes you feel good.

S14DB
03-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Looks like they changed it up for the second season so they couldn't sell it back.

drifter808
03-18-2006, 06:13 PM
S14DB im gonna have to agree with you on that one. the host is the worst guy they could of gotten.Remember in the frist season how he would start the race, he would raise his hands from the ground up. i have never seen that in a street race before. It is so ridiculus how they argue for lengths. i think one guy said he wanted like 20 lengths, thats like half the course. IMO its the worst racing show on TV right now.

usdm180sx
04-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I just saw the episode with Full Race. They had a pink eg and it got spanked 3 times by an fd from shaka. Literally SPANKED

Ricks15
04-06-2006, 07:45 PM
That FC3s was fucken fast, but I wonder how much power that civic was making?

OdessaS13
04-06-2006, 09:46 PM
hahah i saw that episode , sadly to say after watching the domestics, and then watching the imports i can go grab a soda and come back and they would still be trying to reach the finish line. especcially the hatchback "It was a fake NOS bottle" hahahhahahhaa:jerkit: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
but yeah the show is weaksauce, now overhaulin is pretty damn cool, foose puts out some sick designs and they actually fix the frame and get rid of rust before doing anothing critical to the car

Mr. Badlose
04-06-2006, 09:57 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2791613315565467864&q=PINKS
civic vs trans amp.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437572
Apparently the kid had some kind of nervous breakdown off camera when the car was taken from him. LOL

TheTimanator
04-06-2006, 10:17 PM
saw the show recently for the first time....This show is retarded. The host is an idiot. Basically the whoel idea of the show is just dumb. I mean negotiating for headstarts? and of course the other team never agrees...stupid.

Ricks15
04-06-2006, 10:19 PM
the bottle was fake??? I didnt even pay attention to that, But hey you gotta hand it to the honda it was pretty good.

punkz
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
I just don't even bother watching it.

S14-vietusmc
04-07-2006, 12:13 AM
if you read the camaro board, the owner of the f body even said that honda was fast. the former owner of the civic did suck ass though... but he got his ride back.

SochBAT
04-07-2006, 12:55 AM
Pinks < OverHauling and Wreck to Riches.

I love the restoration on these shows now. I could care less how it looks.

wootwoot
04-07-2006, 01:14 PM
They dont even post the times on the fucking show. It plain sucks in my oppinon

S14DB
04-07-2006, 01:42 PM
Pinks < OverHauling and Wreck to Riches.

I love the restoration on these shows now. I could care less how it looks.
What is Wreck to Riches?

I love Trick My Truck.

SochBAT
04-07-2006, 09:45 PM
Wrecks To Riches.

http://tv.yahoo.com/tvpdb?d=tvp&id=169809175&cf=0&lineup=us_CA04984d&channels=us_TLCP&chspid=166032826&chname=The+Learning+Channel+%28Pacific%29&title=Wrecks+to+Riches&progutn=1144386000&.intl=us

Shop buys crapcar preps for restoration, dealing with RUST first (as it should be first priority), and either does stock or upgraded restoration.

Yea, upgrading kinda doesn't fit the wording, but you get the premise. Good show.

All these import shows are junk. BMi/HotVersion should get a channel, and strictly tune cars the right way, no TVs or MikeTyson grills in the trunk.

kazuo
04-07-2006, 11:56 PM
Honestly, who cares about the host being gay, them not posting times and the format (arguing for shit) is stupid?

It's pure fun, highly enjoyable.

if you take it seriously, you need to take a step back and think about it.

Are you watching this for the legitimacy, or for fun?

If it's the former, you need to stop watching it.

dannyboi
04-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I watched the link (which is my 1st time wathcing this show) and I don't see why everyone hates the host. He's not an a-hole or anything.

However, I won't gripe about the show.... its entertaining (even though I probably won't watch any more).

TAMTANIUM
04-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Honestly, who cares about the host being gay, them not posting times and the format (arguing for shit) is stupid?

It's pure fun, highly enjoyable.

if you take it seriously, you need to take a step back and think about it.

Are you watching this for the legitimacy, or for fun?

If it's the former, you need to stop watching it.

+1 man. I watch the show for entertaining purpose only with my friends. If you're taking the show serious then you need to relax haha