PDA

View Full Version : payment method for 240

koukispec
03-16-2006, 11:22 AM
i am about to purchase a 240 which is located in missouri, but the thing is that im located in hawaii, i made a couple calls and i might be able to get some friends to take a look at the car for me, my question is wat would be the best and safest payment method (paypal, money order, check, ect....) so that i dont get ripped off? also wat steps would i take to purchase the car without getting ripped off? i was thinking i give him a $2000 deposit, and he ship just the car and keys to hawaii, but still keep the title, because i cant register the car or anything without the title, wen the car arrives i then would give him another $3000 or so, then he ships the title over to me, upon receiving the title then i will give him the rest of the money, wat do u guys think? any input would be appreciated, thank you

s13driver
03-16-2006, 11:51 AM
the best and safe method is you get your ass over missouri, check out the car in person and then paid up front. then use whatever transportation method you can to bring the car back to where you wanted.

koukispec
03-16-2006, 11:53 AM
kinda low on money -___-, im barely cutting it by paying for shipping and for the car, so money is gonna be a factor to fly there, any other suggestions?

sw20>>s14
03-16-2006, 11:54 AM
first, i wouldnt trust my friends to check out a car that im about to drop 5K for...second, i would fly to missouri and check it out and do what he said ^...look at it as an opportunity to go to missouri...when else would you? you may as well go to a state youve never been to and check out your future investment while youre at it; double whammy!...thats the way my brother sees it, flying all over the place checking out cars...

koukispec
03-16-2006, 12:07 PM
ya but then again money comes to a factor, also i dont really wanna go there and the cars not to my likeing, so basically i come out empty handed....but ill take it into consideration, does any1 else have any input? i really appreciate the help:2f2f:

ALTRNTV
03-16-2006, 12:14 PM
I agree with them when they say fly over there and look at it yourself.

If that's not an option, pay Paypal. If the seller doesn't deliver what he says he would, you could file a complaint with Paypal, and if the seller doesn't respond, or take care of it within like 3-4 days, you will get your money back.

sw20>>s14
03-16-2006, 12:17 PM
id rather go there with the car not being to my liking, come back with my $5K, and say i did a little traveling than not go and purchase the car based on, "ooooh man! it was hella clean doo! its a two fowdee man! what are you waiting for? send the skrillzzZZ!" from your friends...

koukispec
03-16-2006, 12:25 PM
I agree with them when they say fly over there and look at it yourself.

If that's not an option, pay Paypal. If the seller doesn't deliver what he says he would, you could file a complaint with Paypal, and if the seller doesn't respond, or take care of it within like 3-4 days, you will get your money back.

if i file a complaint through paypal will it work only if the seller doesnt send me the product at all? or can i file a complaint through paypal if the car arrives to me in a different condition from how it was in the pictures? also wat kinda steps should i take? should i just send him the money all at once? or just little by little until i recieve the title and car ect....sorri im a noob to this shippin thing, thanks for all the input everyone

dacalac
03-16-2006, 12:33 PM
if i file a complaint through paypal will it work only if the seller doesnt send me the product at all? or can i file a complaint through paypal if the car arrives to me in a different condition from how it was in the pictures? also wat kinda steps should i take? should i just send him the money all at once? or just little by little until i recieve the title and car ect....sorri im a noob to this shippin thing, thanks for all the input everyone

if you're new at all this and have no clue...maybe that's a sign you should wait for something closer to you to pop up. I would rather spend a few hundred to fly out there and check out the car.

Or if money is a factor, why not just wait till someone local sells?

do you NEED a car right this second??

ALTRNTV
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
if i file a complaint through paypal will it work only if the seller doesnt send me the product at all? or can i file a complaint through paypal if the car arrives to me in a different condition from how it was in the pictures?

I honestly don't know. I bought something from a guy once. I paid through Paypal. The seller didn't send me my item as he said he would. I filed a complaint and got my money back withing 3-4 days.

I would just fly out there, to keep yourself on the safe side.

koukispec
03-16-2006, 12:38 PM
if you're new at all this and have no clue...maybe that's a sign you should wait for something closer to you to pop up. I would rather spend a few hundred to fly out there and check out the car.

Or if money is a factor, why not just wait till someone local sells?

do you NEED a car right this second??

not right this second, but asap, also kouki 240's dont pop up for sale in hawaii as much as the mainland

dacalac
03-16-2006, 12:42 PM
not right this second, but asap, also kouki 240's dont pop up for sale in hawaii as much as the mainland

well then talk to the guy and see if he'll knock off the price of a plane ticket from the final price since you're making all this effort. It really is the least he could do. hell I knock off the cost of gas for stuff I've sold to people who take more than an hour to drive out to meet me.

koukidough
03-16-2006, 12:45 PM
send money to your friend and let him pay for it. That is if hes you close friend.

trsilvias13
03-16-2006, 01:14 PM
I agree with koukidough. I did that before. If you trust your friend really well and he knows car. I got my friend in so cal to check out a car and i wire money to him to purchase my s14 like 5 years ago. I pick it up 2 months later from my friend. No biggy. Otherwise I would fly out there and just look at the car and if I dont like it, I'll fly back. But get your intial impress from an unbias friend. He will tell you everything he see. If he said they that car look beat up as crap, why fly there or even consider the car right?

Get his impression and if it sounds good, fly there to see for yourself. It not that expensive to fly if you book in advance.

s13driver
03-16-2006, 02:25 PM
don't even bother with payal and all those stupid wireless transfer crap..
my friend was once in your shoes however he is in a even worst status right now. the seller sends him the car but never the title. the seller always comes up with excuse will send in by the end of day and all those BS as told by my friend. he bought the car late auguest 05 and up til this point he still can't drive his god damn car because the seller never send him the title so that he can register the car. I've already warn up about the outcome but he doesn't listen and how he has to deal with all this shit. it is up to you to decide wether or not you want the same thing happen to you. and if money really is a factor that i guess you should save up some more then buy the car or look for a deal locally