PDA

View Full Version : Why do these new movies suck?

Baka Sama
03-15-2006, 12:12 PM
I finally went to see UltaViolet an let me tell you.. That movie sucks ass. It was just plain as day garbage. The CG was so mediocre that I could have done it on my computer, the acting was terrible, and the storyline...what storyline?? And what made it worst was the fact that they tried to cover it all up with a bunch of ass shots. No wonder in 5th element they made the bitch an alien... She really cannot act.. Oh and was it me or was she just ohh.. i dunno.. a lil TOO INVINCIBLE?! She got hit like what once in the whole movie!! Maybe its me or maybe I just expect more if Im paying 7.50 for a ticket and 10.00 for a hot dog and a soda.. Vampires that stay out in the daytime with fangs they dont use... Invincible women with clothes that change color for no reason... Bad guys who appear stronger than reality... Stupid dying kid that you just wish would just die already! On a scale from 1-10 I give it a solid 4. The only good parts were the fighting. And even then I got tired of her winning so easily and her "finishing poses". :down:
Its not just this movie that sucked.. I fell asleep on AeonFlux... twice! I dont think there was one thing the movie had over the MTV cartoon. I cant even began to think of another movie that was worse then this...
Oh yeah thats right.. I can. Doom...:barf:
I'm a big movie buff so I just hope this summer has something better in store..

sblack13
03-15-2006, 12:14 PM
you should watch "when a stranger calls" jk. << Worst movie ever.

wickdmarz
03-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Well I think if you freeze framed alot of the movie, you would have a decent comic book

Yuri
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Well I think if you freeze framed alot of the movie, you would have a decent comic book
+1
I'm still holding out for V for vendetta.

MrBrightSide
03-15-2006, 03:54 PM
Try watching Block Party, you'll get your moneys worth

ManoNegra
03-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Maybe the problem lies in you selection of movies to go see? I'm just saying.... lots of garbage out there but if one is careful the gems are there aswell.
V For Vandetta looks like a winner, so does Night Watch, hear Hills Have Eyes is alright for horror fans...
And if worse came to worse there's always rentals... I have the opposite problem: there too much cool stuff I want to see (whether movie, TV or Anime) that I can't find the time. Just my 2 cents.
But then again February - April is widely regarded as Hollywood graveyard where a lot of crappy movies come out to die... it is also the time when good films that would otherwise struggle for an audience going against juggernauts are released. Double edged sword I guess.

ThatGuy
03-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Only movie I've seen recently was "8 Below". The Disney flick about the sled dogs. Paul Walker still can't act and the CG Leopard Seal could've been done better. But the dogs did a great job. I think a few of them have a future in Alpo commercials. For the most part I don't go to the movies anymore. There isn't too much that demands my attention in the theatre, and with a suround sound set-up and large TV at home, it's better to just wait till it's on cable.

m0rex
03-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I also have trouble finding good movies to watch. I usally resort to imdb.com before even considering to watch something. Lately i haven't watched anything good. Sooner or later people are going to run out of ideas of movies to make. Then the end of the world will follow. :bowrofl:

ManoNegra
03-15-2006, 04:09 PM
+ 1 for Block Party.
If you like Dave and Hip Hop then it's a good choice.
8 Below wouldn't have been a choice for me to see this month... Running Scared looks much better. .
So does 16 Blocks, Ask The Dust, Duck Season, Brick, Devil's Miner, Lucky Number Slevin, Marilyn Hotchkiss, Awsome: I Fuckin' Shot That and The Devil in Daniel Johnston all of which are being released this month aswell as the obvious choice V For Vendetta

edit: Be careful with IMDB... lot of PR people there trumphing up crappy films.

Tenchuu
03-15-2006, 04:10 PM
Try watching Block Party, you'll get your moneys worth
you must be smokeing crack. i couldn't even watch the whole trailer before i was walking away from the computer. that is just him putting his name on a random home vidieo and chargeing admissions for it. i could make just as good a vidieo about me takeing a shit.

dacalac
03-15-2006, 04:18 PM
I'm still holding out for V for vendetta.

+1 on that!

I just can't wait until July 4th, 2007.

TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE!

:yum:

ManoNegra
03-15-2006, 04:18 PM
you must be smokeing crack. i couldn't even watch the whole trailer before i was walking away from the computer. that is just him putting his name on a random home vidieo and chargeing admissions for it. i could make just as good a vidieo about me takeing a shit.

Like I said: If you like Dave and Hip Hop then it's a good choice.
Clearly you werent' the target demographic Tenchuu, I can understand that. Hell the theater I saw it at wasn't quite full but personally I had a blast.
And btw, I don't smoke crack.. I preferr to shoot up. jk

MrBrightSide
03-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Like I said: If you like Dave and Hip Hop then it's a good choice.
Clearly you werent' the target demographic Tenchuu, I can understand that. Hell the theater I saw it at wasn't quite full but personally I had a blast.
And btw, I don't smoke crack.. I preferr to shoot up. jk

Exactly...if your not a fan of dave or hip hop for that matter...keep away, but personally anything out of that guys mouth is purely comic, especially when he impersonates the 'white man'..hahahahahah

Tenchuu
03-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Oh i don't got anything against Dave, his show was good, but that movie just annoyed me, i really didd't like it if you couldn't tell. his show is good though.

i suppose it is more hit and miss and i just missed me. but then again blair witch and any "home movie" shows tend to piss me off that they charge 8-12/seat for it.

Lost_DriFter
03-15-2006, 05:05 PM
i think all movies ingeneral that are coming out jus suck i mean when was the last time they made a good or decent scary movie that actually made u almost or damn near **** ur pants like these movies now basically have no point nor plot and its boring thats why i stick with the oldies haha but evan if they did make one id wait till it came out on dvd cause its to expensive to watch a move no days i dunno how it is around some of u but its 9-10 bucks here n thats f'ing rediculous the 90's had some decent movies gotta love the 90's

OptionZero
03-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Waitaminute...someone actually went to watch AEON FLUX and ULTRAVIOLENT expecting to see quality content?

Maybe the reason there are crappy movies is that people keep paying the companies that make them.

wickdmarz
03-15-2006, 05:14 PM
+1 on that!

I just can't wait until July 4th, 2007.

TRANSFORMERS THE MOVIE!

LOL thats a little ways...are they working on it now?

+1 for V for Vendetta and Night Watch...still hunting for a theater for Night Watch though...errr

Arsenal of Glory
03-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Waitaminute...someone actually went to watch AEON FLUX and ULTRAVIOLENT expecting to see quality content?

i had high expectations for Ultraviolet because it was directed by Kurt Wimmer who did Equilibrium which was an awesome movie btw. Ultraviolet was indeed garbage, but it might have been better if the fucking production studio didnt drop Wimmer near the end of production because the studio want it PG13, cut out alot of the violence, cut out alot of scenes and dialogue that would have made the movie slightly more coherent...

Aeon Flux on the other hand......no intentions in seeing it

reasons why HOLLYWOOD movies suck is because the lack of originality, lack of talented screen writers, Piracy, consumers paying money to see franchises, movie studios not taking big risks, etc...

Now on the other hand there are PLENTY of quality foreign films coming out almost everywhere else.

trsilvias13
03-15-2006, 05:44 PM
waiting for F&F3 . man that going to be tight. hahaha jk

you sure ultravoilet is the absolutely worst movie?
I fell asleep during godzilla. One minute he there, the next they shot him. I was like F*** I fell asleep.

bigJ86
03-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Hills have eyes's was a crazy ass movie......... if u like gore and horror films...go see that shit...........

block party :jerkit: ..... sucked my left nut ...i like dave, and i like hip hop...but that movie was shitty as......uh....shit........ i left in the middle of it.....

sittinsideways
03-15-2006, 07:18 PM
i know its not in theaters but how bout wating... that was a good movie, imo. not 2 much of a plot but funny nun the less. id recomend it.

OdessaS13
03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
the only good movie out is Hills Have Eyes...can't wait for the davinci code to come out in april, the books was good, for those that read :rolleyes:

midnight zenki
03-15-2006, 07:44 PM
X-Men 3 will rectify all this shitty movie debauchery. The preview eludes to the introduction of Apocalypse and that entire story line as well as the pheonix saga:yum:

Baka Sama
03-15-2006, 07:54 PM
All I gotta say is Spider Man 3 better have Venom in it or its somebodys ass..:squint:

Dont get me wrong, Ive seen a few good movies lately on video like God of War and Two For the Money but I was so close to askin for my money back on UltraViolet.

Oh and has anyone seen the Superman preview? I think its gonna bomb..

dacalac
03-15-2006, 09:30 PM
All I gotta say is Spider Man 3 better have Venom in it or its somebodys ass..:squint:

meet Venom:

http://www.canmag.com/images/front/people/tophergrace.jpg

kurissuS13
03-15-2006, 10:04 PM
the only good movie out is Hills Have Eyes...can't wait for the davinci code to come out in april, the books was good, for those that read :rolleyes:

The Da Vinci Code is coming out on May 19, not in April. May is going to be a great month for popcorn movies. Mi:III, Da Vinci Code, X3, and Poseidon all in the same month.

Spiderman 3 is going to have Green Goblin II, Venom, and Sandman! Visual effects aplenty! There are a couple stills from the filming already, one with Thomas Hayden Church as Sandman, and he got super buffed out for the role. The other pic out there is a pic of Spidey, either in a dark-lit shot or in a black costume, ala the Symbiote. =D

Daniel.
03-15-2006, 10:18 PM
ugh, Topher Grace as Eddie Brock. They're killing spiderman 3 i'm telling you... :/

ALTRNTV
03-15-2006, 10:22 PM
^
Meet Spiderman.

:bigok:

Jcb890
03-15-2006, 11:13 PM
you went to Ultraviolet expecting to see something good? lol, i feel bad for you. as soon as i saw the trailer i knew it'd be terrible. it sounded almost like they were trying to replicate Resident Evil, which i hope there is another one coming out, the first was the best so far but the 2nd wasnt too too bad.

X3 should be sick, i cant wait for that. a lot of movies come out that are shitty and some are good. gotta pick 'em right. i think one of the best movies thats come out in a while is Man on Fire with Denzel Washington, that movie is/was amazing. god of war isnt bad. waiting was pretty funny too.

for the record - spiderman 2 was a huge letdown compared to the first one.

nokeone
03-15-2006, 11:17 PM
IMO The Hills Have Eyes was WORTHLESS...not anywhere near a good horror flick...maybe if they stopped remaking old, mediocre to begin with, movies and came with some original content they wouldn't suck so much...previews made it seem infinitely better then it was...guess that's their purpose...

Vendetta looks cool, as does Night Watch (gonna see that this weekend)...

+1 for for whomever said movie companies are scared to take risks...it's getting rediculous...remake after remake after franchise after franchise...nothing original and very little worth watching...

koukidough
03-15-2006, 11:18 PM
7.50 for a ticket??? You got it good. It's $10 here in socal.

mrmephistopheles
03-15-2006, 11:23 PM
if you see 'See This Movie' on your video store shelves, do yourself a favor and DON'T.

ALTRNTV
03-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Only reason I want to see "V for Vendetta" is because of Natalie Portman, she's bald though, ewww.

I'm looking forward to "Da Vinci Code," "MI:III," "X3," "Silent Hill," and "Scary Movie 4."

You can't forget "The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift." :keke:

dacalac
03-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Only reason I want to see "V for Vendetta" is because of Natalie Portman, she's bald though, ewww.

I got some hair tonic for her...

IN MY PANTS! :naughty:

Nan Desu Ka?!
03-16-2006, 03:26 AM
16 blocks was a damn good movie. i was incredibly impressed with it. Bruce Willis plays a role I would not think of him in, all pulls it off brilliantly and Mos Def was great... he voice/accent was very odd and at time annoying, but it grows on you and really begin to get attached to his character. overall i give it a 8.5/10.

One of my best friends works at the theater as a manager so i RARELY pay for movies, but i would totally not mind spending 10$ to see it again.

Yuri
03-16-2006, 09:48 AM
I saw failure to launch. I thought it was going to be just a chick flick, but it was actually really funny. The supporting characters more than make up for the fact that Sarah Jessica Parker is in that movie too.

kurissuS13
03-16-2006, 09:56 AM
If you think that there are no good movies out right now, do yourself a favor and watch "Crash". It didn't win Best Picture for nothing.

If you're not into thinking movies, then just wait 'til May. Most movies that come out around during the first few months of the year tend to suck every year. It's just how they do it, for some reason.

Baka Sama
03-16-2006, 11:30 AM
7.50 for a ticket??? You got it good. It's $10 here in socal.

Thats cause socal/nocal/alldamncal sux a big one. :cj: I could never live there. Everyones trying to be someone there not.. was that line from a movie?

Anyway, V for Vendetta looks good. I think im gonna see it in IMAX. Should be interesting. Havent seen 16 blocks but I do think Mos Def is a great actor for a MC. Has anyone seen him in "Where's Marlow". Its really funny if you like movies like "Get Shorty".

Oh and check this out.....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/Mialko/1609spiderman2promo0676bq_copy.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/Mialko/1609heoeohhdfkl_jsl.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d160/Mialko/spidey3small.jpg

Some real ones for you X3 fans...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/x-men-3/8-large.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/x-men-3/3-large.jpg

Jcb890
03-16-2006, 12:18 PM
Crash was a really good movie.

koukidough
03-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Thats cause socal/nocal/alldamncal sux a big one. I could never live there. Everyones trying to be someone there not.. was that line from a movie?

I was born there so trying to be someone I'm not is not a factor. I am who I am and I love socal. I would not live anywhere else, everything I want is right here. I would say this is the best place to live in the US with the best weather and night clubs. I've visited Ohio (probably the most boring state ever), Texas, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, Washington and New York when I go see my relatives. New York, New York was pretty good though I stayed there for 1 month. Nothing beats California IMO. Socal = fun place to live even though it is expensive.

wickdmarz
03-16-2006, 01:07 PM
^ Off topic a bit

Did you guys hear about some christian groups are protesting Da Vinci Code to make sure they state that the movie is a product of fiction...ROLF because Tom Hanks isn't an actor...:keke:

kurissuS13
03-16-2006, 03:31 PM
That third pic of Spidey is the one that was supposedly released by Sony, the other two are really good photochops.

The religious group protesting Da Vinci Code is Opus Dei, the group actually mentioned in the book. They're trying to make sure that people don't believe what they see in the movie. If I believed everything in all of the movies I've watched, homosexuality, racism, and government misconduct would still be happening... Oh, shit... :-/

Azzazzyn
03-16-2006, 03:43 PM
alright, you guys need to go out and rent september tapes. One of my all time fav movies. Out cold is awesome too.

i8yourfwd
03-16-2006, 03:51 PM
16 blocks was a damn good movie. i was incredibly impressed with it. Bruce Willis plays a role I would not think of him in, all pulls it off brilliantly and Mos Def was great... he voice/accent was very odd and at time annoying, but it grows on you and really begin to get attached to his character. overall i give it a 8.5/10.

One of my best friends works at the theater as a manager so i RARELY pay for movies, but i would totally not mind spending 10$ to see it again.
Haha +1 for norcal240 movie night... You love me.

But I agree, 16 blocks was an extremely good movie. Lotta action, but alotta plot twists to keep you on the edge of your seat. Thumbs up, if I had to pay for tickets, I still would've been satisfied with the movie.

Yoshi
03-16-2006, 04:00 PM
getting back on topic:

How about this?

If some 16 yo car newb says they wants a Hyundai Scoupe cuz he thinks they look "SWEET!" (I know they don't but this is hypothetical), and has dreams of drifting it just like he's seen in D1.

Do you tell him the Scoupe is POS that phycially is incapable of drifting?
Sure, but you'd go farther than that.

"99% of Hyundais totally suck for performance cars" you tell him, "what's more, you have to have a FR car to truly drift, etc etc etc etc ad nauseum".

Ultraviolet was no different.
Just cuz a scantily clad Milla is on the poster whoopin butt with a sword does NOT in any way mean the movie will be any way "Good".
So you found out the movie sucked. Did you do ANY research before hand?

Problem 1:
Directed by Uwe Boll, the same idiot who did Bloodrayne.
The same no-talent hack that brought us House of the Dead.
Indeed he also directed the travesty that was Alone in the Dark.
Are we seeing a pattern yet?

Problem 2:
Like Aeon Flux before it, Ultraviolet did NOT have a pre-screening. Studios do that when they KNOW their product is fodder that will crapped on accordingly by the critics that would attend such screening. It's a pretty sure bet that if the studio foregoes the pre-viewing, they already KNOW the film is crap, and they're HOPING that if there is enough advert. $ thrown at it, that it's best bet of breaking even is with opening weekend sales.

The solution is reading between the lines and going into a movie with realistic expectations. The last HUGE dissapointment I actually paid $ to see, was Elektra. It was going to suck and I knew it; but I kept that in mind walking in, and since I was expecting the worst comicbook movie EVER, it didn't seem so bad in retrospect....

either way tho... get a grip on how the basics of the industry work before your fling your poo monkeyboy. Even the shittiest movie in the world has accomplished far more than you ahve in the field, so write it off as a mistake on YOUR PART for going to see something that was so obviously going ot be dissapointing. EVERYONE bitches and moans, I don't see ANYONE here in film school trying to do better, so lets put it in perspective.

NO ONE gets to make the exact movie they want.... not even the big names with the big $ (sometimes ESPECIALLY not them). American movies have to have a basic universal appeal to reach the broadest audience.... and let me tell you, the broadest audience is the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR, hence why many ppl feel dumber after seeing some movies, it was below your "Reading level", don't feel superior, most movies are meant for people who are challenged by the min IQ Req for McDonald's employees; for every I Heart Huckabees-type movie, there are 10 Catwoman movies.

There will always be crappy films, if you spent $ on it, that on no one but you. When you too are a director, or better yet, a PRODUCER, and know how compromised your ideals for your movie become in order to be "successful", STFU. The entertainment industry as a whole is a cut-throat business... BUSINESS, not Art. If you think a movie sucked because of any singularity, you're not only wrong, you're ignorant too.

...unless we're talking about Joel Schumacher's involvement with Batman, that one is justified. LOL!

Daniel.
03-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Those Spiderman chops are pretty good.
Here's another one that Sony released.

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/spider_man_3/thomas_haden_church/spiderman3.jpg

Check out this link for the x-3 movie trailer. http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808490830

http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/x_men_3/kelsey_grammer/xmen3.jpg

Arsenal of Glory
03-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Ultraviolet was no different.
Just cuz a scantily clad Milla is on the poster whoopin butt with a sword does NOT in any way mean the movie will be any way "Good".
So you found out the movie sucked. Did you do ANY research before hand?

Problem 1:
Directed by Uwe Boll, the same idiot who did Bloodrayne.
The same no-talent hack that brought us House of the Dead.
Indeed he also directed the travesty that was Alone in the Dark.
Are we seeing a pattern yet?

Problem 2:
Like Aeon Flux before it, Ultraviolet did NOT have a pre-screening. Studios do that when they KNOW their product is fodder that will crapped on accordingly by the critics that would attend such screening. It's a pretty sure bet that if the studio foregoes the pre-viewing, they already KNOW the film is crap, and they're HOPING that if there is enough advert. $ thrown at it, that it's best bet of breaking even is with opening weekend sales.

completely wrong.
1. Ultraviolet was directed by KURT WIMMER, who did Equilibrium.
2. There was a pre-screening one month before the nationwide release date for Ultraviolet. Lots of stuff was cut out, a few scenes were different, certain things were explained better.

I posted earlier saying that Wimmer got dropped near the end, lots of stuff got cut out because it was too violent, needed to appeal to younger kids, etc...Wimmer had a lot of good ideas, but the movie got chopped to hell in the editing room, one of the worst editing in films i've ever seen.

theronin
03-16-2006, 08:12 PM
The Hills Have Eyes wasnt really a scary movie imo. it was more of a shock movie. i liked it, but i dont really think i will be seeing it again, what happened in the trailer just doesnt sit right with me.

Yoshi
03-16-2006, 08:13 PM
completely wrong.
1. Ultraviolet was directed by KURT WIMMER, who did Equilibrium.
2. There was a pre-screening one month before the nationwide release date for Ultraviolet. Lots of stuff was cut out, a few scenes were different, certain things were explained better.

I posted earlier saying that Wimmer got dropped near the end, lots of stuff got cut out because it was too violent, needed to appeal to younger kids, etc...Wimmer had a lot of good ideas, but the movie got chopped to hell in the editing room, one of the worst editing in films i've ever seen.

ahh shite u got me, I think i mis-IMDB'ed lol! I eat crow on that one.
Kurt wimmer, who I dislike less... but not as much as Taye Diggs

I didn't know about the screening tho, where was it? it must've been really really limited... are you implying you were there? what was different?

Baka Sama
03-17-2006, 11:50 AM
either way tho... get a grip on how the basics of the industry work before your fling your poo monkeyboy. Even the shittiest movie in the world has accomplished far more than you ahve in the field, so write it off as a mistake on YOUR PART for going to see something that was so obviously going ot be dissapointing. EVERYONE bitches and moans, I don't see ANYONE here in film school trying to do better, so lets put it in perspective.

NO ONE gets to make the exact movie they want.... not even the big names with the big $ (sometimes ESPECIALLY not them). American movies have to have a basic universal appeal to reach the broadest audience.... and let me tell you, the broadest audience is the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR, hence why many ppl feel dumber after seeing some movies, it was below your "Reading level", don't feel superior, most movies are meant for people who are challenged by the min IQ Req for McDonald's employees; for every I Heart Huckabees-type movie, there are 10 Catwoman movies.

There will always be crappy films, if you spent $ on it, that on no one but you. When you too are a director, or better yet, a PRODUCER, and know how compromised your ideals for your movie become in order to be "successful", STFU. The entertainment industry as a whole is a cut-throat business... BUSINESS, not Art. If you think a movie sucked because of any singularity, you're not only wrong, you're ignorant too.

...unless we're talking about Joel Schumacher's involvement with Batman, that one is justified. LOL!

Regardless of how the movie industry works I guess Im among a dying bread breed of people who actually have pride in there work and what I put my name on.. Ultra Violet was the only movie I actually looked forward to that I mentioned and that was suppose to be good. The others I took my girl out to see. I guess we would have been better off watchin some gay cowboy flick.

Yoshi
03-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Regardless of how the movie industry works I guess Im among a dying bread breed of people who actually have pride in there work and what I put my name on.. Ultra Violet was the only movie I actually looked forward to that I mentioned and that was suppose to be good. The others I took my girl out to see. I guess we would have been better off watchin some gay cowboy flick.

LOL!
ok then, I get your drift :)
You're completely right on the pride of workmanship thing.
It's just too bad the entertainment industry is so motivated by deadlines... Music, Movies, even video games... probably 50% of "bad" versions of any of the afore mentioned categories can be attributed to "not enough time".... and thus the workmanship, fit-and-finish, and detail work (that often times id the difference tween something "good" and something "Great") is the first to get compromised.

ManoNegra
03-17-2006, 01:25 PM
It's funny to me how everyone complains about the film industry.
There are plenty of good films to watch out there.
I just think that people need to become better moviegoing consumers and stop buying into the marketing hype spewed everywhere at us.
Do a little research before seeing a film.
I'ts no surprise to me that people get upset at a film when it fails to provide the entertainment value the teaser/trailer/tv spot promised.
Most of the times those marketing tools are made by people that haven't seen the film, are asked to use material that may or may not be in the final film, etc.
Eve thoso critics whores that get quoted all the time are in on the scam, they often sign off on quotes that marketing depts come up with.

But as far as films I'm looking forward to, this is what comes to mind:
-The Labyrinth (El Laberinto Del Fauno) from Del Toro
- X Men III
- Spiderman III
- Nacho Libre and The Pick of Destiny (Tenacious D rocks!)
- Cars
- Talladega Nights
- The Notorious Bettie Page
- Hard Candy
- Clerks II
- Superman Returns
- Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
- The Break Up
- Pirates of the Caribbean II
- Lady in the Water
- Beowulf and Grendal
and a few other I can't think of now.

Silverbullet
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM
But as far as films I'm looking forward to, this is what comes to mind:
-The Labyrinth (El Laberinto Del Fauno) from Del Toro
- X Men III
- Spiderman III
- Nacho Libre and The Pick of Destiny (Tenacious D rocks!)
- Cars
- Talladega Nights
- The Notorious Bettie Page
- Hard Candy
- Clerks II
- Superman Returns
- Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
- The Break Up
- Pirates of the Caribbean II
- Lady in the Water
- Beowulf and Grendal
and a few other I can't think of now.

You forgot Fast and Furious 3: Tokyo Drift.

We all complain about it, but we all know that we're ALL gonna see it LOL

ManoNegra
03-17-2006, 01:42 PM
^ I don't even front. I know I'm going to go see it. I didn't list it because it's not something I'm really looking forward to seeing. It's like a wreck I need to witness.

Arsenal of Glory
03-17-2006, 03:46 PM
LOL!

It's just too bad the entertainment industry is so motivated by deadlines... Music, Movies, even video games... probably 50% of "bad" versions of any of the afore mentioned categories can be attributed to "not enough time".... and thus the workmanship, fit-and-finish, and detail work (that often times id the difference tween something "good" and something "Great") is the first to get compromised.

Alot of it also comes from studios/production companies not wanting to invest in stuff that are "creative" or "original" anymore because of the high risks it involves. This is how it is in the video game market, consumers keep buying all the crappy franchise/sequels and what not (the crappy ones) or the GTA clones, similarly production companies will put out stupid movies. The production/publishing companies have no other ways to maximize profit other than sticking to what they know sells. The high cost of development vs. the high risks of being inventive, creative, originality is what makes most of the gaming industry, particular in the U.S., a lackluster industry.