PDA

View Full Version : Touge Madness

ryangreg
03-05-2006, 09:52 AM
if you aint up on this shit, you should be.

http://www.youtube.com/w/Tough-Drift?v=tKdtxmzOzC0&search=drift

its a wait, but its fully worth it!

sw20>>s14
03-05-2006, 11:16 AM
theres a few more good ones along with that one on 4ag...that 2JZ churns out sex in its purest form...

edit: 1JZ...always get the two confused...

WILDACEX187
03-05-2006, 11:31 AM
i think this is either hot version 77 or 78. i downloaded them from racingflix. that toyota sure made lots of smoke

Nan Desu Ka?!
03-06-2006, 12:44 AM
respost. this link was thrown up like a week ago. good video nontheless though :D

i8yourfwd
03-06-2006, 01:08 AM
Olllddd news, I have this on my myspace :P

EchoOfSilence
03-06-2006, 01:22 AM
the chick in the end needs to EAT.

SimpleSexy180
03-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Tooo Much Fugging Smoke

ryangreg
03-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I searched and couldnt find it put up here so I went ahead and did so. That s15...... is that compresser surge that your hearing or some whacky BOV? Mid video where it says sharing underneath, watch how fast that baller toyota pulls away absolutely blistering its tires. Even the driver trailing is like, well im guessing "holy fucking shit you crazy bastard"

gechalx
03-06-2006, 05:45 PM
no smoke!! NO GOOD!! lol

ryangreg
03-07-2006, 03:40 PM
so what the hell is that making that noise under the hood of that s15 and 180?

kuramaya
03-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Nice Vid, I havent seen it in about 2 years....the sound ^^ you mean the compressor surge?

SimpleSexy180
03-07-2006, 04:49 PM
so what the hell is that making that noise under the hood of that s15 and 180?

rocks FOO :)

ryangreg
03-07-2006, 05:57 PM
I thought it was compressor surge, but wasnt sure. I almost want to say that sounds like a VATN turbocharger or something along thos lines. But you prolly hear that shit in Japan all the time, so I dont doubt you.

kuramaya
03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
I thought it was compressor surge, but wasnt sure. I almost want to say that sounds like a VATN turbocharger or something along thos lines. But you prolly hear that shit in Japan all the time, so I dont doubt you.

Many Locals do not run BOV's, especially drifters...I run one, but then again I am a Yankee...

ryangreg
03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Yea I've been talking to people and thats what I get from it....compressor surge is the way to be is what it boils dowm to. Turbine life aint even bad either I hear.

Im curious if my s15 t28 on a ca18 will sound anything like that at 15 psi, not the sound of the motor, but the surge......have any experience riding in locals cars?

The s15 t28's a popluar upgrade round those parts, you must know sooomeone.

kuramaya
03-07-2006, 08:00 PM
Yea I've been talking to people and thats what I get from it....compressor surge is the way to be is what it boils dowm to. Turbine life aint even bad either I hear.

Im curious if my s15 t28 on a ca18 will sound anything like that at 15 psi, not the sound of the motor, but the surge......have any experience riding in locals cars?

The s15 t28's a popluar upgrade round those parts, you must know sooomeone.

1. S15 Turbos are good upgrades for people like me with shallow pockets and low HP Goals, for most guys they are weak sauce...most guys run TDO6 20 and 25G's and bigger stuff like that...
you can get a compressor surge sound like that with a T25, I ran without a BOV on mine for awhile...S15 T28 will sound similar..not sure why you would want the sound, it is loud though...I still get surge at lower shifts like 2,500-3,000 Since I have my BOV tight enough so that it only releases at higher RPM shifts..this controls the AFR a bit better with my SAFC decel air settings and still enables me to run ATMOS BOV set up..
late
Daryl

EchoOfSilence
03-07-2006, 09:35 PM
Woah, we need more info on this. bjorkluv, i think it's time for an explanation on compressor surge

kuramaya
03-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Woah, we need more info on this. bjorkluv, i think it's time for an explanation on compressor surge

well I am gonna guess you are serious and not messing with me here...in my own words, to get compressor surge, floor the car, build boost, let go of the aacelerator or shift and Bam compressor surge....as long as you dont have a BOV or your BOV is so tight that it doesn't release pressure you get some or a lot of surge...The throttle plate slams shut and the air is forced back towards the compressor at a higher velocity than is traveling from the compressor. Here is a cut and paste from a NPM article in more technical terms..

"Surge occurs when the air pressure after the compressor is higher than the compressor can generate. This causes the airflow in the compressor wheel to back up and stall. This, in turn, causes the pressure to drop, allowing flow to resume until it stalls again. In severe surge this can become a violent oscillation that destroys the thrust bearing of the turbo and can even cause mechanical failure of the wheel. Surge can feel like anything from a slight fall off in power to a violent jerking when driving. Surge also makes a thrumming or chirping noise that can be distinctly heard over the engine. You'll often hear compressor surge during shifts, if the compressor bypass valve (or blow-off valve) is too small. Obviously surging any time other than during a shift is not good stuff, so any compressor match should avoid crossing over or dwelling in the surge area of the map especially after the wastegate opens"

EchoOfSilence
03-07-2006, 09:58 PM
So why do people allow this?
it sounds like you WOULDN'T want compressor surge

NemeGuero
03-07-2006, 10:07 PM
1. S15 Turbos are good upgrades for people like me with shallow pockets and low HP Goals, for most guys they are weak sauce...most guys run TDO6 20 and 25G's and bigger stuff like that...
you can get a compressor surge sound like that with a T25, I ran without a BOV on mine for awhile...S15 T28 will sound similar..not sure why you would want the sound, it is loud though...I still get surge at lower shifts like 2,500-3,000 Since I have my BOV tight enough so that it only releases at higher RPM shifts..this controls the AFR a bit better with my SAFC decel air settings and still enables me to run ATMOS BOV set up..
lateDaryl

Reading > Echo

kuramaya
03-07-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks Neme...
Those that can afford to blow turbos and dont care dont run BOV's...BOV's help extend the Life of the entire Turbo by reducing Compressor surge...I think, and have been told BOV's help you hit boost faster...that is contrary to many local beliefs..I hear that not running one will give you faster boost spool...so many do not use them..as the guys in that video...

NemeGuero
03-07-2006, 10:44 PM
No problem dude.

Also if you shift quickly, you don't experience it as much.

And GroundZeroMotorsports screws their BOVs closed for track events to keep boost between shifts.

kuramaya
03-07-2006, 11:22 PM
No problem dude.

Also if you shift quickly, you don't experience it as much.

And GroundZeroMotorsports screws their BOVs closed for track events to keep boost between shifts.

yeah when I had my T25 on, I did have a BOV, I just had it closed...I like the security of having one since I beat the living piss out of my car everyday to and from work..f uck playstation I drive the JPN streets daily:coold:

NemeGuero
03-08-2006, 12:09 AM
I have my BOV set tight.. I can prevent the noise by shifting below 3k RPM. Good for driving through public areas where police can be hiding.

kuramaya
03-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I have my BOV set tight.. I can prevent the noise by shifting below 3k RPM. Good for driving through public areas where police can be hiding.

well if your front looks like your SIG, you aren't hiding shiat:bigok:

NemeGuero
03-08-2006, 01:22 AM
Haha, theres a tiny piece of poly-urethane hiding that little "radiator." ;)

ryangreg
03-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Boost response between shifts is deff increased, noticabley. The pressure does not have to be rebuilt in the pipes and intercooler, its already there. That air doesnt actually physically stall the turbine wheel, its just a term thats used loosley saying that the wheels is slowed down, but not stopped.

ryangreg
03-09-2006, 10:14 AM
but yea....midpoint in the video where the word share appears under the screen, when the video reaches the end of SHARE, like right near the E, that chaser or whatever it is blisters away, and the driver of the s15 says something......anybody that speaks japanese or has a japanese girlfriend/wife (bjorkluv) care to tell me what he is saying there.

I think hes prolly saying holly shit, but Id like to know for sure.

kuramaya
03-09-2006, 05:15 PM
but yea....midpoint in the video where the word share appears under the screen, when the video reaches the end of SHARE, like right near the E, that chaser or whatever it is blisters away, and the driver of the s15 says something......anybody that speaks japanese or has a japanese girlfriend/wife (bjorkluv) care to tell me what he is saying there.

I think hes prolly saying holly shit, but Id like to know for sure.
Ill check when I am at home...I didnt watch the whole thing since i had seen it a couple years ago...can you put it in here phonetically what you think you hear, then I can translate it

ryangreg
03-09-2006, 08:27 PM
me en I yo

nani may en ahm e yo

(as he's laughing)

kuramaya
03-09-2006, 09:51 PM
me en I yo

nani may en ahm e yo

(as he's laughing)

damn I will watch it tonight LOL....

SilviaNinja240
03-10-2006, 12:44 AM
he says:
見えないよ! 何も見えないよ!

which means:
I can't see! I can't see anything!

kuramaya
03-10-2006, 04:44 AM
he says:
見えないよ! 何も見えないよ!

which means:
I can't see! I can't see anything!

damn I forgot all about the thread:w00t:

ryangreg
03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
haha cool cool. well hey, thanks a bunch.

ryangreg
03-11-2006, 01:34 PM
wait, are you sure....its when that JZX is tearing away, I think your translating a part right before what Im after.

where the video is streaming, it will be right above the E in the word SHARE.

SilviaNinja240
03-11-2006, 09:35 PM
Yes, i'm 100 Billion Kachillion percent sure.

me en I yo

nani may en ahm e yo

(as he's laughing)

=

my previous post

ryangreg
03-12-2006, 08:27 AM
hahah okey doke. had to double check, my OCD wouldnt have it any other way.