PDA

View Full Version : drifting kills engines

sdtouge
02-19-2006, 09:26 PM
this is engine number 5 i just fuxxord from drifting.
first two warped head, not really that bad. tese were single cams
next was a ca, where the valve seats on the head was all grinded off creating 60psi in 2 cylinders, then i rebuilt it and then more drifting and the engine wouldnt turn when you moved the cran pulley, siezed style, and right beofre that idled at 4k rpm.
then on friday at drift circuit i shot a rod out the side of my stock ka24de drifting. fucking wack. i heard a clank kinda, pulled over, mad smoke, no oil, levi thought i had a hole in my block sure enough under the exhuast mani big ass hole. supposedly it happens alot in australia when drifting left, i was also going left. bobo
car still ran though lol. enough to get off the track. it was wierd though.

anyways i want dry sump. that would be pimp.
pics to come of hole in block.

anyways i think luke the guy with the fd now went through like 7 sr's last yer lol.

gotta240
02-19-2006, 09:35 PM
damn. thats real crazy...

are you sure its not just YOU killing the engines? Do you over-rev a lot or what??? I don't see why drifting would kill a engine anymore than autox or other driving styles....

interesting.

DJPimpFlex
02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
yea its the driver, not the engines. General mantinence and not making love to the rev limiter and they will last a LOT longer.

SpeedMonkeyInc
02-19-2006, 09:46 PM
HAhah yeah sounds like you beat hard on old ill-maintained engines. Learn to carry more speed and rely less on the engine.

The truth: any motorsports is hard on engines and they will break eventually.

L1ama
02-19-2006, 09:59 PM
If you do an RB swap and blow that, then there must be something wrong with you!

Flybert
02-19-2006, 10:04 PM
When you drift with shitty crappily maintained motors what do you expect?

When I bought my car I pulled that piece of shit motor and replaced it with a nice KA that was well maintained. I replaced the front and rear main seal, resiliconed the oil pan, changed oil with mobil1 before every event and that thing lasted me 8 events and tons of mountain driving. I sold it to my friend and he's been using it for mountain driving and about 2 or 3 events. That thing will never blow because it's maintained well.

Now for my SR, prepped the motor the same way. No oil leaks. Only use mobil1 and change it before every event. I run a little race gas to prevent detonation and it's been running great for about 5 events now. I have 3 events coming up in a month and I don't have a doubt in my mind that it will make it through all of them.

infinitexsound
02-19-2006, 10:25 PM
= ) u obviously know what im gonna say already, so ill just cut to the chase and say lets work on doin some good maintenance....

KA24DESOneThree
02-19-2006, 10:36 PM
No dry sump, Accusump.

originalsin
02-19-2006, 10:44 PM
pixxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sdtouge
02-19-2006, 11:19 PM
ya ka24desonethree was there i saw you.

i perform more maintnence then most people id say, oil change (redline or mobil one) every month with purolator

and its not that i cant carry speed, i can gain speed if i want 225 45 17 with ka can gain mad speed its just flooring it as much as possible can get mad smoke going, i dunno thats just what i try to do.

NemeGuero
02-19-2006, 11:22 PM
No dry sump, Accusump.

That shit is ingenious.

sr240mike
02-20-2006, 02:12 AM
Luke is the sr blowing king!!!!

Sil Beer S13
02-20-2006, 02:33 AM
HAHA matt i so called it when you were driving up and i saw all that smoke.

If you need help call me.

sdtouge
02-20-2006, 02:55 PM
<3 leviathan

theicecreamdan
02-22-2006, 12:33 PM
that hole was fuckin gnarly.

never lift

Matt does it big, real big

sdtouge
02-22-2006, 10:32 PM
everying real big