PDA

View Full Version : Toyota #1 automaker 2005

koukidough
02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Seeing Toyota is #1 gets me thinkin' They have a weak lineup of cars compared to other auto makers. Those new corolla's are crap compared to the new civics. Their #1 sedan is plain vanilla compared to accords and maximas. They don't even have a high performance sports car (celica = 180hp, IS250= 204hp, IS350 = automatic lol :( ). I guess peeps who buy these new toyotas are current or previous toyota owners who stick to toyota's only. Strong loyal customer fan base owns all!!!! ;)

ThatGuy
02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Performance isn't the popular market. Fuel economy and safety is.

Yuri
02-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Performance isn't the popular market. Fuel economy and safety is.
And for that, the Camry is an excellant car that the market is snapping up. Unfortunatly, enthusiasts make up only a small segment of the market. So Toyota will continue to sell traveling appliances all the while complaining that they have an image problem. (I did a Toyota sponsored design project in car design school, a new AE86, and the toyota design staff loved it. The head of Toyota design-Japan said to me "keep thinking of hachi-rokus. I will see you when you graduate." however, due to the job market at the time they ended up not hiring any new designers.) :squint: