PDA

View Full Version : 1993 240sx -Silvia conversion SR20DET-

RobDET
02-15-2006, 02:53 PM
*Removed E-bay link*

My reserve was $9000. That's still what i'm looking to get for it. If you are interested just reply or email me. I'll be sure to check back here often.

Vehicle Description

1993 Nissan 240sx. Great condition. SR20DET redtop swap, AEM EMS, S15T28, Full suspension. Excelent drift car. Absolutely no rust, rebuilt head. AC is cold and power steering works.

Most of the car was repainted with the front end. Body is in very good shape.

I did the swap when the car rolled over 100,000 miles. That's when it got all the upgrades. Basically everything on the car has been replaced with a performance part. (I will list them later) I've had a standalone on the car for about a year now and absolutely love it. The AEM EMS has so many great features. I've changed from a standard MAF setup to a speed density setup in order to smooth out the transition from on and off throttle with a blow off valve venting to the atmosphere. The car runs and drives perfect with only the standard little rattles of a car it's age. (It's VERY solid for a 240)

In order to tune the standalone you'll need a laptop. I have one that can be negotiated into the sale without much headache. (All i use it for is the car. It's an older P3 IBM i got here on ebay).

If you run a carfax on it (I havn't sense i got it) you may find an accident in it's past. The car was parked on the side of the street and my across the street neighbor backed her bronco into the rear 1/4 panel. I took it to the same shop that painted and did the body work on my front end and they fixed it better than new. I'm very happy with the work. All of the images of the car are AFTER the small fender bender. Her insurance covered it and it happened at parking lot speeds so there was not structural damage.

Mods:

Blitz FMIC
Blitz BOV
S15 T28
SSAuto Manifold
Apexi turbo outlet
Greddy DP
Blitz NURSpec Exhaust
Enjuku Test Pipe
SR20DET
Silvia conversion w/paint and body work
5Zigen FN01RC wheels
Battle version tension rods
Battle version Rear upper control arms
tien tie rods & ends
Cusco Sub frame spacers
JUN Cromoly flywheel
ACT 6 puck clutch
NISMO Stainless clutch line
Koyo Radiator
Battery relocation
Rear STB
180sx VLSD
Tien HE coilovers with pillow mounts
Enjuku racing hotpipe
Stainless turbo lines
Head machine work
Titanium retainers
Comp springs
Complete nissan japan gasket set
Nismo 555 Injectors
AEM EMS with UEGO
MAP IAT BCS
Wallbro 255lph pump
Falken Azenis RT615 (Less than 2 months old. pretty much full tread left on these guys)
Pioneer MP3 CD Player
6X9 rear speakers
door speakers

I'm sure there are some other thigns i failed to mention but that's about it for now.

I've also got some CUSCO motor mounts, Z32 REAR brake calipers, Z32 front and rear conversion lines, a spare non LSD diff, a wiring harness, and a bunch of other parts that will come with the car.

I have a gallery over on NICO,

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7014 (I've gotten a new tach)

Also i post all over as RobDET so if you see or know me drop me a line...

Buyer is to provide for shipping however i'm willing to do the leg work if the buyer does the research. (Shipping will be a buyers expense)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Feb-03-06 at 09:40:00 PST, seller added the following information:

Got a carfax too. It's 100% clean. They don't even mention the incident i mentioned early in the description. It does say that the car is registered in a disaster area. During Katrina the car was with me in Pensacola Beach FL. No damage was sustained by the car at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Feb-03-06 at 11:23:50 PST, seller added the following information:

Car has run a 12.88 @ 110 on stock injectors, before the Speed density conversion, with pretty crappy sumitomo tires.

On Feb-03-06 at 13:52:25 PST, seller added the following information:

Another note about the car... It's VERY drivable. There are no part throttle issues at all. It starts quick and runs like a champ. It could easily be a daily driver (Don't forget the AC works!). The car is sorted and has been driven on several 3+ hour road trips without issue. It's been in it's current state for well over 6 months.

I had to do quite a bit of tweaking to get it the way it is. Thinks like getting a longer AC hose custom made so it would have more room to avoid the head of the turbo are things that have been par for the course. You can profit from the lessons i've learned putting this car together.

On Feb-04-06 at 09:06:11 PST, seller added the following information:

Oops... it only has 117 thousand miles... I was just being on the safe side when i guessed 130,000

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/7014HPIM0448-med.JPG
http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/7014IMG_3-med.jpg
http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/7014HPIM0087-med.JPG
http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/7014Front-med.JPG
http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/7014goodies-med.JPG

ALTRNTV
02-15-2006, 03:04 PM
I'd take out that Ebay link if I were you.

EDIT: My bad. They had a "No Ebay link" rule, I guess they took it out.

RobDET
02-15-2006, 03:06 PM
Done... guess i'll go read any stickies now :D

::edit::
I don't see any e-bay rules in the stickies. What was wrong with the link? I couldn't see the stickies at all from work... weird.

s14gj
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
what size/offset are the 5zigen wheels?

RobDET
02-15-2006, 09:12 PM
17X7 +35. I should have gone wider but i got them when they first came out and not many people had test fitted wide wheels in the front. I wanted to keep the car balanced for the autocross so i didn't do a stagger. Overall i'm pretty happy with them. Traction is decent and wider does not equal more straight line traction but i'm sure a bunch of you guys know that already...

http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photopost/data/500/7014Azenis-med.JPG

noahrexion
02-16-2006, 10:35 PM
so what are you actually looking to get for the car?
Please email me back [email protected]

RobDET
02-17-2006, 08:28 AM
I want to get 9 for it. It'll go to the track again March 1st. (When the track reopens after the hurricane) I'll have a new slip to post then.

I've had pretty good luck with this car. The only major mechanical failure in more than 2 years of having the swap was a mis-shift that resulted in a broken rocker arm. That was my fault and shouldn't happen again with the new valve springs and retainers. Other than that one time it's never left me stranded.

I also have 2 sets of NISMO long wheel studs waiting to be installed. Forgot to mention that. They were almost $200. Can't remember if there are 16 or 20. I think there are 20.