PDA

View Full Version : Code 41 on ka24e?

reflexing20v
02-13-2006, 08:00 PM
I am having issues with not getting any spark and the only code I am getting is a 41 which shouldn't exist. Any help would be appreciated before I smash the car with a bat.
Thanks

mRclARK1
02-14-2006, 10:10 AM
This first link does not have 41 as an ECU code...but the list below I found does
http://atl-sr20.com/howtos/ECUCodes/index.php#s13usdm

KA24E Codes:

* 11 Crankshaft Position Sensor Circuit
* 12 Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit
* 13 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit
* 14 Vehicle Speed Sensor Circuit
* 21 Ignition Signal Missing in Primary Coil
* 31 Engine Control Unit (ECU)
* 33 Oxygen Sensor Circuit
* 41 Air Temperature Sensor Circuit
* 43 Throttle Position Sensor Circuit
* 55 No Malfunctions

reflexing20v
02-14-2006, 11:55 AM
I have seen that code for the de but I am not finding what sensor on the sohc would be part of the air temp circut. I would asume this to be before the maf like on the dohc?

mRclARK1
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
What year is your 240? and has the ECU ever been changed?
Check your air box, there should be an air temp sensor in there. Unless you have a pre 89 engine...they have a higher compression then the 89 and 90 KA24E and don't have an air temp sensor.

reflexing20v
02-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Its an 89. Someone before I got it did a fairly crapy motor replacement, but it was running and I don't think they changed the ecu just the motor(ka24e). They replaced the air box with a cone air filter to the maf and the other plug which is next to it is unpluged. This was working until recently. The car even passed emissions. Is there a way to bypass the air temp sensor?

mRclARK1
02-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I don't know to much about the KA24E, but I think the air temp sensor is mainly for diagnostic purposes...I'm not sure if it factors into the fuel delivery. But I could be wrong. My guess is the code won't go away until you plug it back in (assuming that the unused plug is the air temp sen.).

Check your ignition wires for voltage and see if that's the problem and/or try new plugs...my guess is you have a different problem that is causing no spark. The ECU would have likely given you that code even if you were not having this problem.

If you want to replace the air temp sensor on your car I think I got one around here from a ka24e. let me know.

reflexing20v
02-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Cool! As far as the spark goes, I removed the oil pump to replace a leaky gasket and that is when the car stopped delivering any spark even to the coil. There does not seem to be any sensors around the pump and the timing is -15 degrees as it should be. I tested the oil sensor by the filter and it seems to be working(threw a code when unpluged). Thanks for any ideas I am stumped.

mRclARK1
02-14-2006, 03:48 PM
Check all your main ignition power wiring at the battery and ECU, check ignitor chip, check your ignition coil, or at worst your harness my be shorted.

Crank the engine and check for voltage at the ignitor input. The ECU sends a pulse to the ignitor which passes it to the ignition coil. This should tell you where in the system the problem is.

PABSdrft
02-19-2006, 10:25 PM
how do you know the codes