PDA

View Full Version : Exporting from Japan

240 2NR
02-13-2006, 06:32 PM
My friend is in the enviable position of getting a job in the Carribbean where they will pay the shipping costs to bring a car over. Being that the island he'll be working on is a former british colony, they drive on the left so having rhd will be a desirable trait there.

He was originally planning to bring a car over from the states but I suggested he import one from japan and he's actually considering the idea. He's not a huge gearhead, but for how cheaply you can pick up realitively new cars in Japan it might even be a financially sound choice (given he doesn't pay shipping costs) in addition to being rhd.

Anyone have a good lead on Exporters with a good reputation? Any idea where I can look up more information on the requirements to do so?

I imagine some members may actually live there (I'll check what island specifially) and may have more local knowledge on emmisions (I'm doubtful there are any) and other legal constraints.

Now I just have to convince him to get a GT-R, and then let me drive it (or hook me up with a job so I can drive my own).